Search This Blog

5.03.2012

A new door....Happy Mother's day to me

Last Mother's Day, my present from Brad and the kids was a door. Yes, a door. AND..... a detailed electric sander!! How many of you had that on your wish list? I was beyond thrilled as that was exactly what I asked for. We've had the door forever, but we just got around to hanging it. And when I say "we" I mean Brad.

I love the look of the paneled doors, so I had brad get me this one at Home Depot. I knew I wanted to do something fun with it, but I wasn't sure yet. I had thought about painting the whole door a bright color, but leaving the inside panels white. But then one day my sister in law was talking about having mirror cut for one of her pieces of furniture, and I thought cut mirrors would be perfect for panels.

I then was browsing a local thrift shop and found a huge bathroom mirror that someone had donated.  I bought it for super cheap, and then took it to Sterling glass and they cut it. I highly recommend finding a cheap mirror from somewhere first if you can because they charge way more when they use their own mirror. Since I had the mirror already, they only charged me $25 to cut all 5 panels.

Brad put the mirrors in using Liquid Nails for mirror. I love it, and I love that it gives the reflection of the other room when I am in the living room. 





3 comments:

  1. A door is a unique gift for mother‘s day, but I’m pretty sure you were quite satisfied with it. The addition of glass panels made your room look bigger. It can also double up as a vanity mirror. That was definitely a bargain, buying a cheap bathroom mirror and having it cut to fit your door!

    Mary Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. What a sweet gesture! They must have noticed how much you love that door! The door definitely looks great. It made the room look more modern and spacious. And using mirrors as panels is a great idea! It adds brightness and privacy because people on other room will not be able to view what’s inside the next room.

    Gabrielle Jeromy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...