Search This Blog

2.16.2011

the family table

Every night when we "sit" down to dinner, my kids sit up at the island and Brad and I stand on the other side. We have done this forever and I have no idea why! A little before Christmas, I told Brad I wanted a little kitchen table where the 4 of us can enjoy meals together. So, as my Christmas present, he bought me this table. You know you are officially an adult when you get a table for Christmas! So, my present was the table and only the table. New chairs would cost around $100 plus per chair. So, I am on the look out for 4 fun chairs that I can re-cover! And actually, I so prefer this rather than buying chairs. It's all in the thrill of the hunt for me. Plus, I can choose my own fabric. So, for now, I have my $4 thrift store chairs there.
The new rug turned out to be a bust. I ordered this rug last week and got it yesterday. It is too small! I thought the 6 foot one would do it, but it did not. Once I switch it out with the 8 foot rug, I'll post pics. I do love the natural fibers thought along with the white. It gives that space a little bit of a "beachy feel."

sweet breakfast nook


3 comments:

  1. Katie, that table looks great, and the chairs look awesome with it! Phil and I used to do THE SAME thing around the island! it was crazy! .. and for years! We'd all squeeze around it, and finally one day he said, 'this is ridiculous, go buy a table we all can fit at!' ha. The things we live with:) We found a great one at World Market. Anyways, your blog is awesome, I love your ideas, keep em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, so funny! I always eat at the island..and my Mom always did that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! A family table to be proud of, from the looks of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...